[SOLVED] Email Substitutions

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #294074 by highonryan
[SOLVED] Email Substitutions was created by highonryan
Hello,

I have a subscription plan and a donation plan. When a person subscribes, they have the option of donating above their subscription cost.

I have an "Email at first activation" set to send the user some information.

One of the things I would like to include in the email is the total about of both the subscription and additional donation.

I am using a substitution of
Total: [PLAN_RATE]

but that only gives me the subscription amount.

What I would like is:
[PLAN_NAME]: [PLAN_RATE]
[additional donation amount if any]
Total: [TOTAL]

I noticed on the invoice, it included both amounts and a total, but can't seem to figure out the substitution.

Also can I place the Art. Num. from the invoice into the email as well?

Thanks,
HighOnryan
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Substitutions
Only way to do that is to query for it using CB Query Field then substitute in the query field. There's no substitutions available for adding up how much they donated.

Also can I place the Art. Num. from the invoice into the email as well?

What substitutions available should be listed under the Presentation tab or same tabs as email is configured if using CBSubs Mailer. Invoice fields typically are not available and have to also be queried for as the emails are more based off the plan and not so much the basket (which is basically also the invoice). We've a feature ticket to try and improve this though by adding more substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294082 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Email Substitutions
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for the response. But I am confused. Can I generate one email that would contain both transaction amounts?

I can live without the adding up the total and without the Art Num. As long as I can simply list both transactions in one email.

I'm confused about where to begin with a Query to accomplish this.

Thanks,
High On Ryan

6 years 11 months ago #294091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Substitutions
What information you can substitute in is listed on the Presentation tab of your plans under "Substitutions in Thank You messages and workflow Emails". You are limited to subscription information. There is no substitution for substituting in the amount the user has donated. For CBSubs Mailer what information is available for substitutions is listed under "Substitutions" directly under the email configuration.

If it's not listed there it can't be substituted in without querying for it. To query for it you need CB Query Field, create a query field, then query the database for whatever you need (usually grabbing information from their most recent basket is accurate enough). The below for example queries for the most recent invoice number for a user.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/236506-sell-tickets-and-provide-unique-identifier?start=6#293607

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: highonryan

6 years 11 months ago #294097 by highonryan
Replied by highonryan on topic Email Substitutions
Krileon, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

That solved my problem.

Thank you so much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn