Error on forgot login - 3rd party conflict?

6 years 11 months ago #294083 by cpaschen
Sometime within the past couple weeks (possibly related to J! 3.7.0 upgrade) our 'forgot login' has broken.

After selecting 'forgot login', username, and entering an existing email address (any) we are getting redirected to the following url:

/cb-profile/sendnewpass

And we are getting an error page with this error:

Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response::json()

We're seeing this on a couple sites.

Can you tell me if CB is using the Guzzle library (or maybe this is some problem with some other extension that just happens to be showing up here during CB forgot login).

We are not getting this anywhere else on either site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294089 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error on forgot login - 3rd party conflict?
We're using Guzzle, but without the full path to the error I've no idea where that's being called from as other extensions may also be using Guzzle. Seams to be working fine here in my tests on Joomla 3.7.0 with latest CB build. Tested PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.0.19 as working. Seams to work fine on our demo site as well. Is all your sites that are having this issue on the same host?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294096 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Error on forgot login - 3rd party conflict?
The full path of the error page is:
www.cmdnet.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=sendNewPass&Itemid=3561

This is happening after selecting 'forgot username' and entering the email and successfully completeing the re-captcha.

The 2 sites that have this issue are both on the same hosting company, but different servers. And there are other sites without the problem on the same server company (cloudaccess).

6 years 11 months ago #294101 by krileon
There's no HTTP requests for forgot login. Most likely it's the HTTP request to reCaptcha to validate the captcha code. I was not able to confirm your issue though even with reCaptcha. Please ensure both CB and CB AntiSpam have latest builds installed and that reCaptcha within CB AntiSpam is configured with the correct API keys. If issue persists try using General or Question internal Captcha modes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294102 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Error on forgot login - 3rd party conflict?
I tracked it down (at least found how to get around this).

CB AntiSpam (CB plugin) setttings
Captcha | Legacy | Forgot Login

Change from ENABLE to DISABLE and the problem doesn't happen.

Not sure if that leaves the site open to spammers generating forgot login emails to users, but at least users can use the system now.

6 years 11 months ago #294114 by krileon
That means it most likely is the reCaptcha HTTP request to validate the captcha request failing. Seams like the response from Google isn't a JSON string, but according to their API it always is. Regardless it's wrapped in a try/catch so it shouldn't error anyway. Does it work fine during registration?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn