Lost password functionality problem

6 years 11 months ago #294233 by l3g0s
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the Lost password functionality. The field password has Authorized data "At least 6 chars, 1 a-z, 1 A-Z, 1 0-9, 1 special" and minimum length "8". When the user want a new password, the result does not respect the desired conditions. Therefore, the user can not log in with the new password.
Do you have an idea for the generated password to work ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Cyril.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294236 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost password functionality problem
The forgot login process generates a new random and secure password. It doesn't care what the validation is set to on the field in regards to forgot login process. We're using Joomlas own functions to do this. It's not possible to change this behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294248 by l3g0s
Replied by l3g0s on topic Lost password functionality problem
Thank you krileon for your answer.
It is therefore impossible to have a rule for the password if I wish to have more complexity in the passwords...

Do you know the rules of the password generator? I could thus adapt the rules as close as possible to what is generated.
I would like to impose a good password complexity.

6 years 11 months ago #294252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost password functionality problem
You can't have rules for generated passwords. Their complexity is already within security standards so there isn't any need. Joomla does not provide any means to customize randomly generated passwords beyond the length which we already set to 12 characters for higher security than Joomlas default 8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294253 by l3g0s
Replied by l3g0s on topic Lost password functionality problem
Thank you, I will remove my rules.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn