[#6653] Renewal of a plan doesn't take conditions into account

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #294363 by webweaver.be
Hi,

We have created two plans: a basic plan for default members and a "junior" plan with discounts and extra access for members who are still in training. We use a CB Condition based on a field that is set by the administrators to determine if someone is entitled to the "junior" plan. This works perfectly for new subscriptions. But if a member already had a "junior" plan last year and the moderator changes the membership type they still are able to renew their "junior" membership plan even if they are no longer marked as junior. They actually see both the default and the less expensive junior plan. Obviously they choose the latter even though they are no longer entitled to this plan.

So it seems that the conditions are only applied on an upgrade path, not on the renewal path.
We even tried adding them to their own usergroup and restricting access to the plan to that group but still the "reactivate" button appears for these users.

Is there a way we can prevent existing junior members to renew the junior plan and force them to the upgrade path? Note that a training can take several years so they should be able to renew as long as their membership type is "junior".

Kind regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294381 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue. Upgrade and Registration workflows are ignored for existing subscriptions (regardless of the state they are in). In addition to ACL being ignored for renewals. You maybe able to work around this by using CB Auto Actions to force upgrade them to another plan. Have added a feature ticket to review changing this behavior as this is currently working as designed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn