Profile Image No Upload Button

6 years 11 months ago #294644 by jjcomp
Profile Image No Upload Button was created by jjcomp
Recently got report that new people signing up on my site were getting black person as profile picture instead of uploaded picture.

Went into back end of site and tried to adjust their photo, but after selecting picture to upload, "Upload" button does not show up.

Running:
Joomla! 3.5.1 Stable
Community Builder 2.0.14
PHP Version 5.4.45
Protostar Template for Site
Isis for Admin
Was working fine before, don't know of any changes made.....
Already verified that Avatar upload and gallary are enabled
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Image No Upload Button
That's the default avatar. More than likely you have upload approval enabled and need to approve their uploads. You can can enable or disable approval within CB > Configuration > Moderation. You can also adjust this per image field by editing the field within CB > Field Management and adjusting "Upload Approval" under Parameters > .Image Limits You can approve their uploads from the workflows module or image approval page (you will need to create a Joomla menu item to this). There is no upload button with the field. Select the image then click the Update button at the bottom of profile edit.

Folks, CB does not timebomb. It does not suddenly change behavior on you. Recall what you last changed or if your hosting environment was changed in any way.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294665 by jjcomp
Replied by jjcomp on topic Profile Image No Upload Button
No one is suggesting time bombing, just not sure what has changed. This is through a GoDaddy hosting account and we have not made any changes internally, but it is possible they have made changes and not informed us.

The Moderation of image upload is not turned on:

I do not see a parameter in the User Parameters Field for image upload:

As shown in my first picture, (sorry not "Upload" button), but "Update" button is not showing up after selecting image.

Just not sure what may have been changed.... Need some help knowing what could cause the "Update" button not to show up in the back end CB>User Management>User Account>Profile Image
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #294667 by jjcomp
Sorry, same pic put in twice. Here is the correct second pic.
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #294672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Image No Upload Button

As shown in my first picture, (sorry not "Upload" button), but "Update" button is not showing up after selecting image.

The update button doesn't hide to begin with. It's bottom left of profile edit. If it's not there you've something 3rd party hiding it.

The Moderation of image upload is not turned on:

Globally image approval is disabled, but could still be enabled per image field. Edit the "avatar" field within CB > Field Management then under Parameters > Image Limits ensure "Upload Approval" is set to "Disable". This will have no affect on currently pending approval images. This only affects new uploads. Existing pending approval images you will need to approve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294706 by jjcomp
Ok, let me start off by apologizing, I think I got my CMS packages mixed up.... I checked another one of my Joomla sites for how it functions and realized that on the BACK END user profile there is no upload or update button but that the Save button initiates the upload of the image.

However on the site in question that is causing a problem after the image is selected and you hit "Save" you get the following error:

The status bar at the bottom of the browser goes through the upload %, but then gives this error.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn