Manually Un-install

6 years 10 months ago #294937 by wbuk
Manually Un-install was created by wbuk
Each time I try to installed CB, it appears to work but I always gets the message:-

Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually.

I have no idea how to do this. Please can you help. I have attached a screenshot, thank you.

Web Buster UK Ltd
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294955 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manually Un-install
CB Package Installer failed to clean up after it self. The installer is a Joomla component. It's supposed to delete it self when it's done. In your case that step fails. So you'll need to uninstall the CB Package Installer manually as you would any Joomla extension. That message will be improved as well as a link provided to manually remove it in next release encase it fails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295112 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Manually Un-install
Thank you, we are unable to uninstall, when we try we get a server error 500.
Also when we click on show more on the installation we get the same messaged. Failed to uninstall:- server error 500.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 10 months ago #295123 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manually Un-install
Check your server error logs to see why it's failing or retry with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled to see if that will expose the error. There is no special behavior attached to uninstalling the CB Package Installer so should just be normal Joomla uninstall behavior needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn