[#6689] Setting admin permissions on CBSubs just 'spins'

6 years 9 months ago #295270 by krileon
A htaccess rewrite rule could easily cause the POST to redirect or be rewritten. My guess is it's htaccess or 3rd party extension conflicting. I don't know what to suggest otherwise unless you're hitting POST input limits. Do you have a lot of usergroups? The hidden inputs that help build the form path are added at the end of the form so if you're hitting input limits those may get removed resulting in it just posting to index.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295271 by cpaschen
Well, it appears not to be htaccess related after all. I've basically 'wiped' that and no change.

I wish there were an easy way to debug router issues like this.

6 years 9 months ago #295272 by cpaschen
We have under 100 groups, so I hope that is not the issue, but I'm going to test by deleting some of them to see if it has any effect.

6 years 9 months ago #295273 by cpaschen
THANKS for mentioning the user groups (again ... I think you may have mentioned it before and I missed that).

Deleting a bunch of user groups resolved the issue (although a number of other things were also disabled).

I'm going to try again by replicating one more time and just removing the groups to see if that does it.

6 years 9 months ago #295274 by cpaschen
Well ... the bottom line was ... the user groups.
By removing a bunch of user groups this issue was resolved.

Even after re-enabling all the custom admin menus the settings save as they should.

Now the concern is how to get the site to work with less user groups. Not sure how we are going to do that on this site.

Still strange that all other user permission settings (for CB and all other extenions) don't have this problem.

6 years 9 months ago #295275 by cpaschen
Just curious ... is there a PHP setting that would increase the POST input variable limits and resolve this?
I just checked and we have Maximum Input Variables set to 1000 (not sure if that is the setting that this relates to). We also have Max_input_time set to 60 and nesting_level at 64. Wondering if any of those might help if increased?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn