Hide member list of groupjive group for none members

6 years 9 months ago #295249 by Andromeda57
Hello guys,

even if guy is not a member of the community or a groupjive group he can see the members of each group...

How can we set the members list invisible for people who are no member of the group ??

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295263 by krileon
Set the group to invite only. Otherwise it's publicly viewable. There is no parameter to specifically hide the user tab from non group members.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295314 by Andromeda57
OK, but do you plan to change this in the future?

I don't know if it is a good way always to show all group members?

6 years 9 months ago #295317 by krileon

OK, but do you plan to change this in the future?

Somewhat, it's planned for Approval types to hide all content until a join request is accepted (group it self is still visible). Invite will be renamed to Private (still function the same). An additional type called Page will also be added (disable the user management features of groups). At this time those are the only planned changes for group types.

I don't know if it is a good way always to show all group members?

Depends on your usecase. It was designed after other social platforms group functionality, which publicly displays member lists. So as far as GJ is concerned it's doing as designed.

If you want the tab private then I recommend using Invite type for invite only. Your alternative is to modify the template files and add extra checks to the users tab output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn