CB Connect and CBSubs testing.

6 years 10 months ago #295410 by jhurlbur
CB Connect and CBSubs testing. was created by jhurlbur
I am installing cb connect into an existing website that is using Community Builder and CBSubs for registration. I don't have any free memberships. So i understand that i need to configure CBConnect in prefill mode. But how do you test that registration is working ? The plugin has placed a button at the top of the registration form "Signup with Facebook" but when i click it, it simply logs me in. I assume because i am on facebook.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect and CBSubs testing.
It will ask you to login to Facebook then ask if you want to authenticate the application. Once it does that it redirects back to CBs registration form with as much information prefilled as it can do. That registration will link the two accounts. Future login attempts through the Facebook button will just simply log them into your site. Most likely your user is already linked and you can unlink within profile edit if you need to retest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295422 by jhurlbur
Replied by jhurlbur on topic CB Connect and CBSubs testing.
Thanks. Further clarification though. So for testing of the registration for fill in i would need to remove the user from the joomla site ?

6 years 10 months ago #295425 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect and CBSubs testing.
It's the same as doing a normal registration except it's linking a social profile to the CB profile so they can login using their social profile. It'll also pre-fill as much information it can, but that's usually just name, username, and email (if provided).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn