Notes area for Subscriptions?

6 years 10 months ago #295464 by cpaschen
Notes area for Subscriptions? was created by cpaschen
Is there any way to add a 'notes' field for subscriptions?

We have occasion for several different staff members to modify an existing subscription (change the expire date, etc.) and we could really use a textarea where we could just post a note why something was manually changed.

I didn't see any way to add a field to that view.

Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295467 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notes area for Subscriptions?
You mean when editing a subscription directly within CBSubs > Subscriptions? I guess you can add it to the Integrations param as long as you use JSON. Aside from that no there's no place for notes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #295472 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Notes area for Subscriptions?
Yes, that is exactly the place.

It would be helpful to have just a textarea there that could accept notes.

However, in the mean time, we can use the integrations; however, could you share what a 'populated' field would look like? Do the {} go inside the [] or are they not needed here? (Sorry, I'm a bit novice with JSON)

6 years 10 months ago #295488 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notes area for Subscriptions?

It would be helpful to have just a textarea there that could accept notes.

This really shouldn't be a regular occurrence. Modifying of subscription data directly is for management purposes, but it's not recommended to be doing so regularly. There are no plans at this time to add notes there.

However, in the mean time, we can use the integrations; however, could you share what a 'populated' field would look like? Do the {} go inside the [] or are they not needed here? (Sorry, I'm a bit novice with JSON)

The below should be fine.

{"NOTES":"I have changed this users subscription."}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn