Field Types

6 years 9 months ago #295604 by wbuk
Field Types was created by wbuk
There are lots of field types, which is awesome, you have date, text, integer etc.
Which field is used for a decimal number? As I can't find a Decimal, Float or Number field, only an Integer.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295623 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field Types
We've no number or float fieldtype. You can use a text field with custom regexp validation to enforce a number though. The below should work fine.

Authorized input: Custom PERL regular expression
Perl Regular Expression: /^[0-9]+(\.[0-9]+)?$/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

6 years 9 months ago #295959 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Field Types
Thank you

I have found a plug that seems work even though it says it is not 100% compatible with the new CB.

Requests for the decimal field go back over 5 years on the forum and it is such an important field. Is there so way you can just add on, I am sure you would make a lot of your customers happy, even if you made a professional or developer membership plugin.

There does seem to be a large demand for it.

Also, there are a lot of requests for 2 columns in the TABS, can this be looked into? I have not been over bothered with this but many have and I have just viewed the profiles page on phone recently and the contents of the TAB look awful as they are all crammed up into one column. So I now see why people are wanting it doing. The rest of CB works amazingly well on phones, infact it is outstanding... but the TABS are awful on the phone with only one column.

Please can you look into this, thank you so much.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 9 months ago #295974 by krileon

I have found a plug that seems work even though it says it is not 100% compatible with the new CB.

Requests for the decimal field go back over 5 years on the forum and it is such an important field. Is there so way you can just add on, I am sure you would make a lot of your customers happy, even if you made a professional or developer membership plugin.

There does seem to be a large demand for it.

We'll eventually have a Float field. It however isn't necessary anytime soon. As shown above you can just use a text field with custom REGEXP validation to accomplish the same thing. The only difference between the two usages is how they're stored in the database (text type vs float type). Float field is likely to only be implemented in CB 3.0 or whenever we rewrite the field classes so it can act as a base class for other field types.

Also, there are a lot of requests for 2 columns in the TABS, can this be looked into? I have not been over bothered with this but many have and I have just viewed the profiles page on phone recently and the contents of the TAB look awful as they are all crammed up into one column. So I now see why people are wanting it doing. The rest of CB works amazingly well on phones, infact it is outstanding... but the TABS are awful on the phone with only one column.

Don't understand what you mean. The fields should display as follows in a tab.

Label
Value
-
Label
Value
-
Label
Value

That is proper responsive output and is done using Bootstrap, which you can override its CSS to do whatever you like. There will not be a parameter for this. We are not adding styling parameters. Eventually the field layout will be a template file as well, which could be overridden as desired.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295980 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Field Types
It just looks very messy on phones. Please don't think I am being disrespectful..
This looks messy
Label
Value
-
Label
Value
-
Label
Value

It would be better to have this:-

Label Value -
Label Value -
Label Value -

It is far less scrolling and looks so much nicer. It is also easier to see the information which relates to the label value.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 9 months ago #295982 by krileon

It would be better to have this:-

Label Value -
Label Value -
Label Value -

Maybe if your labels and values only have 50 characters or less, but that's often just not the case. Your suggestion is a matter of personal taste more than UX as UX dictates what we're doing is the appropriate responsive design (where scrolling is natural on mobile). At any rate you can override this using custom CSS. The current behavior will not be changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds