Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group Jive Access

• wbuk
  • wbuk
6 years 10 months ago #295692 by wbuk
Group Jive Access was created by wbuk
Hi

Is there any way you can add to your next joomla jive update, the ability to add Access Rights to Groups. For example. We create a bunch of groups and only members of a specific user group can see and join those groups.

We are using the system to allow submission to an exam board and it works brilliantly. Each school has a difference user group when they log in so we need each school to only see the groups that are relevant to them, this way they can submit their work and the exam board, who can see all the groups then knows which school the work is from.

Cheers for your support.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #295702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive Access
Groups will not have ACL. Their access is entirely controlled by their Type. You can control a group of groups using a Category and adjusting the ACL of the category. In your case i'd give each school its own category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wbuk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon