Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Gallery as repository for single users only admin can upload/manage

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295798 by crealiagroup
About the permission problem I've solved testing on a new environment. Maybe something misconfigured, but I'm not able to find what... I've checked everything. In my new environment anyway it works fine, so this part is solved for me. Now the other question...

krileon wrote: You can change the owner by editing the media after upload, but there's no way to change it beforehand for the gallery tab or gallery field usages.

About the owner I've thought that I could use an auto action to automatically change the owner ID from the ID of the user to the ID of the super admin.
Is it possible? If it is possible could you please suggest me step by step how to configure the auto action?

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by crealiagroup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #295800 by krileon

About the owner I've thought that I could use an auto action to automatically change the owner ID from the ID of the user to the ID of the super admin.
Is it possible? If it is possible could you please suggest me step by step how to configure the auto action?

Yes, you could certainly do that by forcing profile asset uploads to change their owner. Simple query action would probably be easiest as follows.

Global
Triggers: gallery_onAfterCreateItem
Type: Query
User: User
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_asset] Is REGEXP /^profile\.\d+/
Action
Query:
Code:
UPDATE `#__comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items` SET `user_id` = '[user_id]' WHERE `id` = '[var1_id]'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295805 by crealiagroup
It works fine, thanks so much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon