Uninstall Issue

6 years 9 months ago #295960 by wbuk
Uninstall Issue was created by wbuk
We are still having problems when we install a new version of CB, it says uninstall manually.

We have gone to manage and disabled ALL but the latest library files and when we try to uninstall them, we get the following message:-

"The Community Builder Library extension is part of a package which does not allow individual extensions to be uninstalled."

Currently, in addition to the 2.3 library which we are using we have 9 other older libraries installed.

Any ideas?

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uninstall Issue

We are still having problems when we install a new version of CB, it says uninstall manually.

That's the CB Package Installer. The package installer failed to clean it self up and is instructing you to uninstall it manually. It is not telling you to uninstall CB. That message will be clarified further in a later release.

If you are in fact trying to uninstall CB then you have to uninstall the CB package. You can not uninstall its individual elements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295978 by wbuk
Replied by wbuk on topic Uninstall Issue
We don't want to uninstall CB, it is all set up and working, the problem we have is each time there is an update, we end up with the message that it cant remove the old versions, this means we have 9 library sets at the moment and 1 more is added each time there is an update.

Web Buster UK Ltd

6 years 9 months ago #295983 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uninstall Issue
Strange, have yet to see such an issue. What Joomla version are you on? It's not possible for there to be multiple physical copies of the library files as the newest would just override so you've extra database entries for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds