[SOLVED] Re-entry to sign-up goes to last displayed tab, not first

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #296101 by cpaschen
We have a menu item that takes the user to a page to create an account with subscription - Menu item type: Plugin - CB Paid Subscriptions - Do: Plans

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1-4-5

However, if a user begins the sign-up process and quits, but then later comes back, they are taken to the tab with their personal info (tab 2), NOT the first tab that lists all the available subscriptions.

Is there a way to 'force' that link to go directly to the first tab in the sign-up process (the tab that displays the subscription options)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #296107 by krileon
Yes, but you'd have to add &tab=TAB_ID_OR_TITLE to the URL. Where TAB_ID_OR_TITLE is you'd supply the tab id or tab title of the first tab available and it'll always be selected. You could also use Step by Step registration form instead of Tabbed, which should enforce tab navigation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #296114 by cpaschen
We do have Step-by-Step registration set in the configuration. And the Subscription tab is set to "1" in the order for registration; however, it still goes to the 'last viewed tab' whenever a user visits the registration pages.

I've changed several links to include the &tab=ID and that is working for us.

I also found that in a CB Paid Subscriptions|Plans menu item you can add the "&tab=ID" at the end of the Plan field/box and save and that gets added to the link url (although it doesn't show up in that Plan box after saving).
It would be nice to have a box specifically for 'tab' in that menu type to make it easier to set-up and also to see that a tab is specifically being forced on the menu item).

If you have any ideas what might be causing the step-by-step to not go to the subscriptions tab first it would be helpful to get that resolved (so we don't have to keep manually modifying URLs).

6 years 9 months ago #296116 by krileon
Are the previous tabs still filled out? Step by step will redisplay their previous location if it can, but if the previous tab wasn't completed it won't. This means you need to have plans marked Exclusive and none set to default so nothing is initially selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #296140 by cpaschen
The issue is that we have users who check a subscription and then don't complete the process.

So it sounds like the system is working 'as designed' (because they already checked a box), although that's not how we need it to work.

So we'll just work with the direct URL (&tab=ID) solution.

Thanks for clarifying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn