Main Mailer Triggering Conditions

6 years 9 months ago #296104 by zahmundzornig
Main Mailer Triggering Conditions was created by zahmundzornig
I like to send ONE mail (with the mailer) after 1 month with the content like "Your last log in is 1 month ago, come back and visit our great site." I like to send this mail every time when a user is offline for 1 month.

This are my settings:
Automatically send message at following date = 1 month after
Relative to this date of the plans below = Member last online date

There will be a cronjob with a daily trigger.

Will users get this message daily after 1 month (because he not logged in after the mail)? I want to avoid this.
Optimizing with
But do not send message if it's later than = 2 month after
makes no sense. There are still 30 days and 30 mails till reaching the late date.

Optimizing with
maximum message per user = 1
makes no sense. I like to send this message every time after 1 month not logged in, not only after the first month. So if I unterstand this setting correct the user will never get this mail again, even if he reached this offline limit multiple times.

What can I do to set a mailer with "every time when reached "on month after online date"".

Thank you!
Michael

www.zahmundzornig.de thanx joomlapolis for the great work and support!
Build with CB: www.jaii.de

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #296108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Main Mailer Triggering Conditions
I'm pretty sure you need multiple mailers for that. Example as follows.

Mailer 1
Automatically send message at following date: 1 month after
Relative to this date of the plans below: Member's Last Online Date
But do not send message if it's later than: 2 months after
Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited): 1

Mailer 2
Automatically send message at following date: 2 months after
But do not send message if it's later than: 3 months after

Mailer 3
Automatically send message at following date: 3 months after
But do not send message if it's later than: 4 months after

That for example covers 3 months worth. You need to consider how long you want to do that before giving up. CBSubs Mailer isn't a newsletter, which is basically what you're trying to do and can probably do using AcyMailing. It's meant to trigger sending of an email under specific conditions. If the conditions are met it will send the email when processed. So in your current configuration I'm pretty sure it'll send every day (since you trigger it once a day with CRON) after not logging in for 1 month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn