Ajax Inline Edit

6 years 9 months ago #296156 by wbuk
Ajax Inline Edit was created by wbuk
I have set up some TABS which contain CONDITIONAL FIELDS, using your conditional add-on.

It means that the TAG really has 12 fields to complete but only the first field DATE is showing. Once a date has been entered the remaining 11 fields appear ready to be completed. It is really cool.

However, if you click on the PENCIL enter a date and click the UPDATE button, the new date saves but the conditional field do not appear unless you click on the browser refresh button.

Is there anyway I can make it so the update button refreshes the page as this really would be good and saves a click.

I have seen an UPDATE ON field in the Core Fields Ajax but unless I am doing it wrong, it is not working or is not for that purpose, as there is no example on the tips.

Cheers.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #296165 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ajax Inline Edit
On profile view CB Conditional completely removes the fields from outputting. There's nothing for CB Conditional to display using jQuery in that case. The only solution would be to jQuery refresh the entire profile to allow for tab and field output to refresh, but that's never going to be implemented; sorry.

The update on causes one field (the field being edited) to refresh its display when another field (the fields selected in Update On) changes its value. This does not work in profile view either and is designed for profile edit or registration. However, there are plans to extend this functionality to profile view, but it still won't help in your case as the field it self has been removed from outputting entirely by CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds