"RECORD OFFLINE PAYMENT" link displayed/active for all users on front-end popup

6 years 8 months ago #297037 by cpaschen
We've just updated to the latest CBSubs (4.1.1) and I just noticed that when you go through the registration process on one site and choose the offline (check) payment option that we have set-up, when the payment slip opens in the pop-up it is showing a link:

RECORD OFFLINE PAYMENT

Right below the PRINT/ Close links.

When clicked the link displays the offline payment info form. This allows a user to just mark the subscription paid, without needing to be processed by the staff on the admin side.

I've reviewed our configuration for the payment processing.
We are using (in the 'presentation of payment slip' area):

Payment slip opens in: pop-up window with PRINT and CLOSE buttons
Content: Custom Presentation

The link is being displayed after the content of the Custom HTML content. And there is nothing there that I see that would insert this link.

I've gone through all the CBSubs configurations and can't find anything that I can find that might be causing this link to display (not sure why anyone would want to allow a user to mark their own offline payment completed).

Any ideas what might be causing this link to display?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #297061 by cpaschen
This is now urgent.

It appears that ANYONE choosing to pay via check can now mark their own invoice paid and get immediate access (and there doesn't appear to be a way to identify any of these actions (i.e. I can't tell from the data that it was entered by staff or by a user).

Where is this "RECORD OFFLINE PAYMENT" being generated and how can I disable it?

HELP!!!

6 years 8 months ago #297063 by krileon
I'm not sure why that's there, but was able to confirm. I've notified Beat of the urgency. In the mean time you can manually remove it with the below.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/offline/cbpaidsubscriptions.offline.php
ON: Lines 531 - 534
DELETE:
		$recordPaymentUrl	=	cbpaidApp::getBaseClass()->getRecordPaymentUrl( $paymentBasket );
		if( $recordPaymentUrl ) {
			$ret	.=	'<div id="cbpaidRecordPayment"><a href="' . $recordPaymentUrl . '" title="' . htmlspecialchars( CBPTXT::T("Record the offline payment now") ) . '">' . CBPTXT::Th("RECORD OFFLINE PAYMENT") . '</a></div>';
		}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #297080 by cpaschen
WONDERFUL. Thanks.
(And I'm kinda glad it was something added on your end ... because I was afraid I broke something :-)

The fix worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297081 by beat
Actually, the fix is just a fine working workaround, but the link is as follows:
- Normal users should not see it by default, but admins should.
- The permissions setting for that is in CBSubs Config -> Permissions button top right -> "Record payment transactions" (first choose the right Joomla ACL group on left of course).

So maybe you saw it as admin and thought everyone sees it ?
Can you please tell us (once you restore the change e.g. by installing-over CBSubs main plugin:
1. If you see this link as a normal registered, non-admin, user ?
2. If you go to CBSubs permissions (as described above) and save them, without changes if the link persists?

EDIT: refined instructions

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

6 years 7 months ago #297709 by cpaschen
Sorry for not responding earlier.

I have upgraded to the latest CB and I saw the link in the front-end; but then realized that I was logged in as an admin - so I should have. I logged in as non-admin and can NOT see the link.

However, I would like to give that access to a specific user group.

I went to the CB configuration, clicked Permissions but I can't find the "Record payment transactions"

The only actions listed are:

* Configure ACL & Options
* Access Administration Interface
* Edit
* Edit State

Although I realize that I could give the group "Access Administration Interface", I would prefer to give them more fine-grained access to only record payments - if possible.
Also, wanted to let you know that I'm not seeing the option you mentioned.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn