CBSubs: Expired memberships

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297148 by AlexRag
CBSubs: Expired memberships was created by AlexRag
I have a configuration question based on the following scenario:

I have a plan that expires every October 1 annually. I have some users who have plans that have expired, for example October 1, 2016.
Since we are approaching the new renewal date (October 1, 2017), I am running into situations where the expired user pays to renew but for some reason it is applying it to the current year (October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2017) rather than (October 1, 2017 - September 3- 2018).

In other words the member let the passed year go by (expired) but had decided to renew for the upcoming terms instead.

I have also set up that any memberships purchased within 3 months of the renewal date i.e July 1 - October 1) would apply to the new term

I have set the following
> "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" to 3 months - But I believe this is for new sign-ups
> "Renewable in advance by" 3 months
> "Grace period before real expiration" to 1 week
> "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" to Renewal extends date (No gap) - I think this is the one I should be looking at.

Ideally what I want to have happen is that if the user lets his/her account expire/lapse and let a term go by without renewing, and then in term 3 renews/rejoins will be paying for the upcoming terms (assuming it's within 3 months of the renewal date).

Is this possible?

There is even a situation where an expired user recently paid by the recurring payment method and were auto charged for each of the years they had let their membership expire. Their plan expired in 2014.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297167 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs: Expired memberships

> "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" to Renewal extends date (No gap) - I think this is the one I should be looking at.

That's exactly what's doing it. You've the plan configured to renew from existing expiration date. There can be no free gaps. I recommend changing that to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)", which should solve your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297172 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic CBSubs: Expired memberships
Ok great! I was confused by the "free" part as in the member still has access but its free, where I from you describe that free means no payment but also no access during that free period - It this correct?

So my next question is if I change the configuration of this plan with current members attached to it (expired and active) will CBSubs change for all those members or will the change only apply to newly registered members?

6 years 7 months ago #297176 by krileon

Ok great! I was confused by the "free" part as in the member still has access but its free, where I from you describe that free means no payment but also no access during that free period - It this correct?

Yes, that's correct. It just means they don't have to pay for the gap between expiring and renewing, which they of course won't have an active subscription during that gap.

So my next question is if I change the configuration of this plan with current members attached to it (expired and active) will CBSubs change for all those members or will the change only apply to newly registered members?

It'll affect everyone that renews after the change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297179 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic CBSubs: Expired memberships
I just did a quick test with a "dummy" user account who is expired. After I made the change to the plan, its showing this as the renewal period:
CAD 20.00 per calendar year starting 1 October The first period for the renewal will be 1 October 2016 - 30 September 2017.

Ideally it should be 1 October 2017 - 30 September 2018 as I set the
Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations) to 3 months. I'm thinking this only applies to new signups?

Is there a way to have the renewal for expired members take advantage of this bonus feature?

6 years 7 months ago #297183 by krileon
The bonus time applies to new subscriptions and renewals. Please be sure CB and CBSubs are both completely up to date. How are you testing an expired user? Did they expire normally or did you modify their subscription row? Some users have been modifying subscription rows to simulate a renewal, but are not correctly updating all the appropriate columns to allow the datetime calculations to be correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn