[#6792] CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297353 by RobGG
Hi,
We have added an eWay gateway to CBSubs and have been testing it with a live account and small value transactions. It appears to be setup correctly, it works fully, but the wait times are excessive (up to 8 minutes). We worked with the eWay help desk on the issue and a Live Chat transcript of the dialog is attached. eWay believed the problem to be with the website code or the host. We referred this chat to the website developer (I am the user project manager) and they have said it is a problem within the CBSubs code. The website is hosted on AWS with a Ubuntu server. Could you assist on where to go next? (A separate PayPal gateway is working well).

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297379 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in
The request taking a long time is an HTTP request to eWays server to generate the payment URL to redirect the user to. It's an outbound call to their below API endpoint.

au.ewaygateway.com/Request/

There's nothing we can really do about this. It's either a slow down with your server making the HTTPS call, processing the XML, or a slow down with eWay handling the request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297556 by RobGG
Replied by RobGG on topic CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in
Hi Kyle,

Further work by our developer found a "bug" in the CB Subs code.
The developer's description is as follows: "It was a CB paid subscriptions bug. We have checked the code of this plugin (see the file: components/com_profiler/plugins/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/libraries/cbpaidWeservices.php), and have added a change in the 116 line (please see the snap in the attachment: we have added "/" after $urlParts[0]). The problem was, that the plugin has incorrectly generated the URL to eWay. It seems, that CB-subs works correctly for PayPal (i.e. generates the right URL to PayPal). However, for eWay an adjustment in the plugin code was necessary."

Regards,
Robert
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #297567 by krileon
That's not fixing anything. In fact it's completely breaking the HTTP request. That usage is for fsockopen call. The $posturl is the Hostname sent to fsockopen. If it has a trailing slash it will never make the HTTP request and thus appear fast, but it will never work. Did you try your developers change? Results in a white page. I've added a bug ticket to investigate eWay gateway after I'm done with PayPal Pro fixes to see why the HTTP request is so slow; probably just need to make an API usage adjustment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297584 by RobGG
Replied by RobGG on topic CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in
Hi,
Yes, we have tried the Developer's change, eWay now works perfectly with real money, no delays what-so-ever. Of course, we can't be positive that thls change is the only change made.
Regards, Robert

6 years 7 months ago #297606 by krileon
My guess is your developer has made other changes and your install likely isn't using fsockopen but is falling back to our legacy Snoopy library, which uses cURL. We have yet to replace that function in CBSubs with Guzzle usage. As that change specifically would break fsockopen. At any rate have added a bug ticket already to investigate and fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn