[#6805] CB gallery image rotation

6 years 7 months ago #297662 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB gallery image rotation
Thanks, we'll make a "how to " for our users ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery image rotation
I'm hoping I can figure out a way to pass the EXIF data along at least so the PHP side can handle rotation when client side resizing is used. That's my plan anyway to try and get that working in those cases. The alternative is some heavy parsing of raw EXIF data using JS, which I'm unlikely to implement.

You could probably add your instructions as part of the template files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297755 by activha
I just noted that the rotate buttons do not appear when the image is added to the activity stream or to any comment
So it is then not possible to rotate the photo
Could you change this ?

6 years 7 months ago #297758 by krileon
There's nothing to change. The buttons are not conditional. If the upload is a photo then they'll be on the modal window menu for that photo. See below.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #297760 by activha
nope they don't appear if the image has been uploaded in the stream or in a comment.
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #297762 by krileon
My screenshot is an upload from a stream. Ensure CB Gallery is up to date and that you're using the default CB Gallery template and retry. The only conditions for the rotate links are that the upload is type photo and the viewing user is a moderator or the owner of the photo. There are no other conditions applied to those links. Based off the screenshot whatever viewing user you're using does not meet either of those criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn