Community Builder Add New User Throws 404 Category Not Found

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297515 by cagoffice
Hi,
I recently updated community builder and since we are not able to add a new user in the back end. Keep getting error 404 Category Not Found. It says error for com_comprofiler.
any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already reinstalled community builder with no success.
Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297516 by krileon
Did you enable Joomla 3.8 new SEO content URLs? If so try disabling them. CB has no 404 category not found error throws. That's specifically a Joomla error when com_content can't find the category attempting to be accessed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297517 by cagoffice
If I turn off the seo friendly links it will take me to the front end editing my own person not adding a new user via community builder > user management > add new user.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297518 by krileon
I don't know what to make of that then. Something is taking over during routing and directing away from CB. Do you've any 3rd party SEF extensions installed? If so try disabling them. I've retested with the new SEO enabled and is working fine in my tests as expected since URL rewriting isn't supposed to happen in backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297520 by cagoffice
We figured it out. We had created a new tab to display the user profile update log and once I moved that to a current tab the issue was gone.
Any idea how to have that tab and not cause any issues. I believe this happened because the tab only had this as a field which isnt populated until after the user is created.
We are going to leave it on a current tab. Thanks for your quick response.

6 years 7 months ago #297532 by krileon
Shouldn't matter what tab it's on, but that tab is designed for profile view and not profile edit so I've no idea what might happen by forcing it to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn