CB Subs Invoice Validity Dates

6 years 7 months ago #297525 by bins
CB Subs Invoice Validity Dates was created by bins
I have just renewed a membership for someone whose previous subscription finished on 2/6/16.

Their renewal invoice shows Validity as:
21/09/17 - 21/09/18, then
21/09/18 - 02/06/17

I understand the top line, but not sure about the second! Can anyone explain?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297535 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Invoice Validity Dates
What's the initial and regular duration for the plan? If it's by calendar year what's the start month and day? Does the dates for the subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions look correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297566 by bins
Replied by bins on topic CB Subs Invoice Validity Dates
The paid plans are 1 year and the free plan is lifetime.

Subscription date Last renewal date Expiration date
02/06/15 12:14:41 02/06/15 12:14:41 21/09/18 11:51:47

They renewed yesterday!

I have just noticed another interesting one:
11/09/17 - 11/09/18, then
11/09/18 - 11/09/19

They were a free member who went to paid (1 year) - why does it mention 'then 11/09/18 - 11/09/19'

6 years 7 months ago #297568 by krileon
Do you have an initial price/duration that's different from the regular price/duration? The "then" is supposed to indicate that. Can also happen if using "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" on by calendar durations.

I have just noticed another interesting one:
11/09/17 - 11/09/18, then 11/09/18 - 11/09/19

That one looks ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297569 by bins
Replied by bins on topic CB Subs Invoice Validity Dates
with the first one, they were lapsed for a long while and had a discount in their first year.

In the second one, why do we reference next year? It initially gives the impression that they are a member for 2 years. We really only want to mention their start/stop date.

6 years 7 months ago #297577 by krileon

with the first one, they were lapsed for a long while and had a discount in their first year.

Ah, that could be it. Is the plan set to renew from expiration date or when paid? Specifically what is "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" set to?

In the second one, why do we reference next year? It initially gives the impression that they are a member for 2 years. We really only want to mention their start/stop date.

If it's a recurring subscription and not a single payment and you've an initial price/duration then it shows both periods. Single payments may also show both, but I don't really see a reason to unless it's by calendar and bonus time is configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn