Error

Please login first

Renewing multiple plans at once - any progress on this?

6 years 7 months ago #297705 by cpaschen
On a major site we rolled out CB to a few months ago we're now finding out that it is not possible to renew multiple subscriptions at the same time.
Unfortunately, I didn't catch that limitation when reviewing CBSubs (probably because all other subscription systems we tested have that feature - if they had multiple plans available).

I've noticed you have already mentioned to others that it is a 'major planned feature' to be implemented "in a later release". However, I haven't seen any postings related to this for several months.

Is there any progress toward a means to allow upgrading multiple plans at one time?

And if not, do you have some work-around method that we might be able to use in the interim?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297722 by krileon
We have to redo how the subscription tab works to get this implemented. We've a few discussions going on about how to best implement this. Beyond design discussion there has been no progress on this feature, sorry.

Is there any progress toward a means to allow upgrading multiple plans at one time?

Nope.

And if not, do you have some work-around method that we might be able to use in the interim?

There are no workarounds for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297727 by cpaschen
Wow. This is a huge let-down for us.
I'm really upset (with myself) that I didn't catch this sooner.
And I'm really going to have to re-think implementing CBSubs on a couple new projects.

I'm not sure how others are using this for anything more than a basic, single-subscription plan site (which almost none of the ones that I work on implement any longer - all offer all sorts of plan options).

I understand that it was originally designed for Joomlapolis that didn't (and possibly doesn't) need these features; however, many (if not most) other sites that I work on do.

I'd strongly encourage making this a key focus very soon.

6 years 7 months ago #297729 by cpaschen
Just in case someone else is having this same issue and needs a 'work-around', we've come up with a possible plan.

We're considering creating a 'bundle' plan that allows the user to upgrade to a 'combined' plan.
We've already done this with a couple of our plans, but now trying to add a 3rd layer might be a bit difficult in the configuration.

Just wanted to share this option with anyone else facing this issue.

(However, on at least one site we are developing the bundle option would NOT be an option. So having the 'multiple subscription payment' option is still something that we would need.)

6 years 7 months ago #297734 by krileon
Bundled plans are the typical usage. Example as follows.

Plan 1 (exclusive)
Plan 2 (exclusive, also includes all access of Plan 1)
Plan 2 (exclusive, also includes all access of Plan 1 and 2)

Users would upgrade through the plans. Basically that's how we had our Advanced, Professional, and Developer subscriptions setup. A possible workaround I suppose is to use recurring subscriptions so there's no concern with manual renewals.

Now that we offer individual purchasing of products we do see this being a problem. So it's of course something we want to implement. It's a UX and underlying API rewrite that we're already in internal discussions about how to best approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn