Please login first

Automatic Discount on Multiple Plans conundrum

6 years 7 months ago #297706 by cpaschen
We have 2 plans on our system.

We want to give a discount to users who:

- purchase both plans at the same time
- already have plan A and are now purchasing plan B
- already have plan B and are now purchasing plan A

HOWEVER, we don't want someone to be able to RENEW plan A (or B) [and thus get the discount] and THEN renew the other plan (B or A) and get the discount again.

Here's what we are seeing (all plans are annual).

1. Month 1 - User purchases Plan A
2. Month 2 - User purchases Plan B, and gets the automatic $25 discount
3. Month 11 - User renews Plan A, they get the automatic discount (because they are already subscribed to Plan B)
4. Month 12 - User renews Plan B, they get the automatic discount (because they are already subscribed to Plan A)

The automatic discounts are actually working properly as we have configured them, we just need to figure out how to prevent a user from getting the automatic discount twice in a row.

We could set the 'Maximum uses per customer" to 1; however, then the discount wouldn't be there when they renew for the 2nd year.

If there were a field that limited the use per user (i.e. automatically reset the "Start date of validity" on a per-user basis each time it is used to 10 or 11 months out.

Alternatively, maybe we could do some custom action with auto actions - to just create a CB field for the date when the discount was last used and then add a field comparison on the conditions tab. However, I'm not sure if there is any way to run a condition on the use/application of a automatic promotion.

I know CB and CBSubs can do almost anything - can it handle this in some way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297724 by krileon
I don't see a way of doing this with it needing to reset every year. I would suggest just conditioning to make sure that for example Plan B isn't already Active status as a second condition of your promotion, but that won't work with renewals. It sounds like you need "Maximum uses per customer (0=unlimited)" set to "1", but for it to reset yearly. Which you could probably do using CB Auto Actions to delete the relevant rows in _cbsubs_promotions_uses using a Query action and just setting up CRON to run the actions URL once a year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn