Multiple Entry Field in a grid?

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297858 by edmundcheong
Multiple Entry Field in a grid? was created by edmundcheong
Do you think it is possible to place some fields in a grid? Perhaps using the code field and calling a cb_fullname. For example in the image below:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297863 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Entry Field in a grid?
Create multiple fields then simply use CSS to make them display side by side. Each field has it's own div container that you can style. Right click and inspect element on the field to review its HTML structure and see what CSS classes and IDs are available. No there is no configuration/layout tool that we provide for doing this, but you can look into CB Profile Pro which might be able to help with what you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297878 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic Multiple Entry Field in a grid?

krileon wrote: Create multiple fields then simply use CSS to make them display side by side. Each field has it's own div container that you can style. Right click and inspect element on the field to review its HTML structure and see what CSS classes and IDs are available. No there is no configuration/layout tool that we provide for doing this, but you can look into CB Profile Pro which might be able to help with what you want.

Any sample on how do we use the CSS? do we load it at auto action? I am assuming if we do it like that, the whole profile page will be divided to 4 (as an example), where else I would like to maintain the top 3 fields of the forms to be in a single column and the bottom part, the fields are divided to 4..

CB Profile Pro, I have read about it.. looks like a Community Builder hack? is it official an Joomlapolis product? or I might be getting problems if the CB core is updated?

6 years 7 months ago #297885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Entry Field in a grid?

Any sample on how do we use the CSS? do we load it at auto action? I am assuming if we do it like that, the whole profile page will be divided to 4 (as an example), where else I would like to maintain the top 3 fields of the forms to be in a single column and the bottom part, the fields are divided to 4..

The below example makes the 3 (new password, verify password, current password) fields show side by side.

#cbfr_51 {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 33.33333333%;
}

#cbfr_51__verify {
}

#cbfr_51__current {
}

Custom CSS can be added using CSS overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

CB Profile Pro, I have read about it.. looks like a Community Builder hack?

If they're still modifying core files instead of using the trigger I've implemented for them then yes it's basically a hack unfortunately.

is it official an Joomlapolis product?

No.

or I might be getting problems if the CB core is updated?

Possibly, I can't guarantee a product we didn't create. Others have had various success with it. It does allow you to do what you're wanting without knowing how to write CSS though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn