Corruption problem with CB and/or CBSubs

6 years 7 months ago #297860 by RobGG
Hi,
We in the process of completing an association website, are experiencing a corruption problem CB and CBSubs. We have 2000+ membership records loaded and CB and CBSubs was working reliably previously, configuration of CB subs was not complete but we had tested settings on trial short duration plans.
Following some work on the website by the user manager (described below) the following problems were noted:
• Some users were unable to login, getting a Login denied message (Snap_S95-1). When the user was Re-enabled in CB User Management the problem happened again.
• Other users were not affected. (We have not been able to identify causation differences)
Prior to this problem we were doing the following work: CBJuice2, upload new users >6, update renewal date for users ( >15). CB, add several additional fields, delete two fields. CBSubs, modify plans with additional messages, add notification emails, modify field value settings, supress some plans from appearing to the public. CB Auto Actions, edit auto actions attached to various plans, add some new actions. (During this work no error/warning messages were delivered.)
The CB Tools menu was checked and all is green:
• Check CB DB: All Green
• Check CB User Fields DB: All green, incl Strict Column types
• Check CB Plugins DB: All Green
• Check User DB: All Green

CBJuice2 was used to download the CB registrations and all data appeared correct. Four users with the problem were uploaded via CBJuice2 in Edit mode (Snap_S95-3) and all input was accepted without error. Again, the problem occurred. A CBJuice2 download was done and it appeared correct. However, there is now an additional problem. The CB Edit User screen (Snap_S95-4) does not accept edits and the validation is faulty (this only applies to the four uploads).
New entries entered either manually via the front end or via the back end appear to work as normal.

A single test new entry using CBJuice2 uploaded without error but cannot be edited in the backend (Snap_S95-4) and cannot be access on the front end.

This appears to be a case of a corrupted Database.

Can you suggest a process to fully identify and correct the problem?

Regards, Robert
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Corruption problem with CB and/or CBSubs
Are they being blocked by CB AntiSpam? It has auto blocking functionality which could do that. If they're not being blocked by CB AntiSpam then review installed Joomla authentication and user plugins as they could be modifying user object resulting in their block state toggling. If none installed then review any CB Auto Actions acting on login triggers to see if it's a auto action doing it. Beyond that there's no mechanism to auto block users on login attempt in CB. This is typically due to something configured to do exactly that or a 3rd party conflict (usually authentication plugin if during login).

We are not the developers of CBJuice so I can't suggest anything regarding that. You can post all CBJuice concerns to the below forums.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn