Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Counter field for Cbsubs

• activha
  • activha
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298548 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Counter field for Cbsubs
Last question, I don't remember if cb substitution supports computation.

For instance can I write something like [cb:userdata field="cb_field" /] x 2 somewhere in a cb content module to calculate the amount ?

I tried [cb:parse function="math"]1 + 2 - 3 * 4 / 2[/cb:parse] but it doesn't work in the module
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by activha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Counter field for Cbsubs

I don't remember if cb substitution supports computation.

It does not. You'll need to use a Code or Query field for computation or 3rd party content plugin that provides computation.

I tried [cb:parse function="math"]1 + 2 - 3 * 4 / 2[/cb:parse] but it doesn't work in the module

That will only work in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
6 years 6 months ago #298649 by activha
Regarding the country field which is now a dropdown with values field, I'd like to change it according to your tutorial Configuring a Country field with CB Query field plugin

If I change the field to query drop down, will I keep my present members values in the DB ?
Do you still have the country_info.sql file somewhere, I cannot find it in the download section ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298655 by krileon

If I change the field to query drop down, will I keep my present members values in the DB ?

Yes, it won't change whatever is stored in users _comprofiler database row. Nor will it change the dropdown options you've already set for the field (those actually should still work for a Query Select fieldtype).

Do you still have the country_info.sql file somewhere, I cannot find it in the download section ?

You don't need it if you have CBSubs. See the below on how to make a CBSubs invoice address compatible Query Select usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236894-solved-mapping-of-address-fields-to-cbsubs-not-working?limitstart=0#295537

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
6 years 6 months ago #298663 by activha

Yes, it won't change whatever is stored in users _comprofiler database row. Nor will it change the dropdown options you've already set for the field (those actually should still work for a Query Select fieldtype).

Trying to change the field type from dropdown to query dropdown does not work with this field. It simply brings me back to the backend home page.
Could it be related to the number of values in the drop down field ?
If I delete the values, would it alter the already recorded ones for members ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #298667 by krileon
I'm not having issues changing a select to a query select, even with values already configured, so I've no idea. It should just redisplay the fields edit with the new type selected. Please ensure everything install is up to date and retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon