Promotion substitution bug ?

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298710 by activha
Promotion substitution bug ? was created by activha
Hello

1) Seems like inserting [cb:userfield field="cb_lignes_prix" output="html"/] in the name of a promotion does not substitute the value in the invoice/basket display.
When it's used it simply displays [cb:userfield field="cb_lignes_prix" output="html"/]

Tested in latest CBsubs build

Also tried with [cb:userdata field="cb_lignes_prix" /] or [cb_lignes_prix]

2) In promotions , also tried to insert a cb field with same formulation as above in the setting "Fixed Discount Amount in currency above" but it would not let me add something else than a number.

I wanted to have a cb field divided by a number like [cb_lignes_prix]/12

Can you check if I'm wrong ?
Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Promotion substitution bug ?

1) Seems like inserting [cb:userfield field="cb_lignes_prix" output="html"/] in the name of a promotion does not substitute the value in the invoice/basket display.
When it's used it simply displays [cb:userfield field="cb_lignes_prix" output="html"/]

Tested in latest CBsubs build

Also tried with [cb:userdata field="cb_lignes_prix" /] or [cb_lignes_prix]

I was not able to confirm this. I used [username] in the promotion name and it displayed fine. Your issue maybe with that field being inaccessible.

2) In promotions , also tried to insert a cb field with same formulation as above in the setting "Fixed Discount Amount in currency above" but it would not let me add something else than a number.

Looks like an issue with the validation on the XML node. Have added a bug ticket to remove the number validation check.

I wanted to have a cb field divided by a number like [cb_lignes_prix]/12

I don't think you can do that regardless. You'd have to do the logic in a CB Code Field or CB Query Field then substitute in that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298742 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Promotion substitution bug ?
Thanks a lot

Provided that this is fixed, are promotions taken into account now for recurring payments ? or is it still the nominal plan amount only ?
(guess it's a duplicate question with another recent post ;-) )

6 years 5 months ago #298750 by krileon
Promotions do not work with recurring payments as that's still bugged. As for that parameter not allowing substitutions (it's just a jQuery validation issue) I've fixed it and it's awaiting review and merge before can be released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298751 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Promotion substitution bug ?

Promotions do not work with recurring payments as that's still bugged.

That's a pity because this do not leave us with a solution for the plan and its 5 prices depending on a cb field

Does the cbsubs option that you wrote upon would take long to arrive ?

6 years 5 months ago #298752 by krileon

That's a pity because this do not leave us with a solution for the plan and its 5 prices depending on a cb field

I suggest having 5 plans and conditioning the plans to display based off different criteria to cover that usecase.

Does the cbsubs option that you wrote upon would take long to arrive ?

I've no ETA on when it'll be available. It probably needs another UX pass as well as the configuration is still too confusing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn