Implementation of CB and CB Subs: some issues and questions

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298720 by RobGG
Hi,
We have implemented a large website. Our membership area has 6 paid plans, 2 no cost plans and two complementary plans all with periodic membership. Payment is by Offline, Credit Card or Auto Renewal. Signup of users in both paid and no-cost registration is generally working well.

We have a number of questions:
Expiry Processing
Our plans have emails setup for awaiting payment, payment completed, renewal confirmation etc. Emails are triggered and delivered as these events occur. We also have an email setup for Plan Expiry. When a plan expires this “Expiry” email is not currently triggered. The plan shows as “expired” in CBSubs subscriptions. Question: What triggers the sending of the “Expiry” email? (Added: We now not that the plan show as "expired" on the actual date of expiry but the expiry email is not triggerred until the "grace period" ends, we can work with that.)

(Note: at present we have not set a downgrade strategy, we see that we can set a downgrade from one plan to another using the Plan > Integrations > CB Fields area or in Auto Actions but we have not done this yet.) What is the recommended approach?

Processing Membership renewal payments
If a Plan subscription is renewed via the website by the member with payment offline, the charge appears in the CBSubs > Basket area. On receipt of a payment by the Administrator it can be confirmed and an invoice is available.
Based on our previous system, many of our subscribers simply bank transfer an amount with their membership number to the Administrator. Currently the Administrator is going to the CBSubs > Subscriptions area and ticking the renew box. This works, the subscription is renewed and the email sent. However, we cannot see how an invoice is generated and made available to the member. Is an invoice available?

Is there some way this payment direct to our Administrator can be supported by the Subscriptions > Basket facility?

Registration of a Subscription by the Administrator
In some circumstances the Administrator needs to setup the user registration. For standard members this is being done by going to the website front end (while not logged on) and entering the registration details on the public registration page. This is simple and works well.
However, we have 2 plans that are not available to the public. Is there any way we can present the standard registration screen to the Administrator when she is logged on?

We would like to present all plans, including some not public, on the standard registration screen to the Administrator while logged on with restricted plans presented based on her ACL access. Is this possible?

Substitutions
We note that in the Plans area emails and also in the CBSubs Mailer there is the option of using substitutions. We note that the substitution [Password] or [password] is permitted (and works) in some cases and not others, what is the rule?

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298743 by krileon

Our plans have emails setup for awaiting payment, payment completed, renewal confirmation etc. Emails are triggered and delivered as these events occur. We also have an email setup for Plan Expiry. When a plan expires this “Expiry” email is not currently triggered. The plan shows as “expired” in CBSubs subscriptions. Question: What triggers the sending of the “Expiry” email? (Added: We now not that the plan show as "expired" on the actual date of expiry but the expiry email is not triggerred until the "grace period" ends, we can work with that.)

As you've discovered a user isn't treated as expired for integration purposes until the grace period has ended. You can send an email exactly on their expiration date (or before/after) using CBSubs Mailer though if needed.

(Note: at present we have not set a downgrade strategy, we see that we can set a downgrade from one plan to another using the Plan > Integrations > CB Fields area or in Auto Actions but we have not done this yet.) What is the recommended approach?

Don't understand what you mean by downgrade strategy, sorry. They should have no issues purchasing your other plans unless you specifically configured your plans to prevent that via conditions.

However, we cannot see how an invoice is generated and made available to the member. Is an invoice available?

The basket and invoice are one in the same. Your admin is paying their basket incorrectly. They aren't paying the basket at all. They're simply renewing the subscription manually. They need to use CBSubs > Baskets and pay it there.

Is there some way this payment direct to our Administrator can be supported by the Subscriptions > Basket facility?

Stripe supports a couple of wire transfer payment methods and once we release a new build with the other payment methods I suppose you could look into using stripe to automatically handle wire transfer payments, but aside from that no.

Is there any way we can present the standard registration screen to the Administrator when she is logged on?

That should already be the case, but you can not utilize frontend registration while logged in. Your admin should be able to create those users from backend fine with full access to your various plans. Note in a lot of cases the access and condition checks are against the profile owner and not the user viewing the profile.

We would like to present all plans, including some not public, on the standard registration screen to the Administrator while logged on with restricted plans presented based on her ACL access. Is this possible?

I don't believe so.

We note that in the Plans area emails and also in the CBSubs Mailer there is the option of using substitutions. We note that the substitution [Password] or [password] is permitted (and works) in some cases and not others, what is the rule?

Not exactly a rule, but a timing issue. We do not keep passwords plaintext. So this means they're only plaintext during operations asking for them. So either during registration, during login, or during profile edit (if password was changed). Depending on what CBSubs email you're using and when it's sent will determine if the password is available or not. If sent during registration it should be fine. However, I suggest you stop sending password in emails all together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn