Ajax for core fields not triggering tab conditional display...

6 years 5 months ago #298722 by fdinkler
I have a number of tabs that show/hide based on a single field value. When edited using Profile Edit, the tabs show/hide in real time.
When the single field value is changed using Ajax editing, the tabs don't react immediately.
Even when the value is saved (Update) the tabs still don't react.
Is there some way to enable conditional when Ajax is used?
Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298744 by krileon
CB Conditional does not and may never work with CB Core Fields Ajax. CB Conditional for display outputs completely removes the content. It doesn't exist to display. So the content would still have to display, but be hidden in the DOM; this potentially means tabs like CB Gallery being available when they should not be. Next CB Conditional would have to listen to CB Core Fields Ajax events and match it to a fields condition to execute. It is unlikely this functionality will ever exist, sorry. The best I can suggest is a refresh of the page after an ajax edit using some jQuery listening to the elements cbajaxfield.update.success event.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.037 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn