Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Front-End User Management?

• ernienet
  • ernienet
6 years 6 months ago #298916 by ernienet
Front-End User Management? was created by ernienet
Is there any option for allowing Joomla Managers to be able to view and edit user profiles on the front-end of the website?

Joomla has a front-end content editor, and some other extensions have front-end capabilities. If it's not part of CB Core, is there a CB extension for being able to do this?

Thanks,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Front-End User Management?
As long as they're a CB Moderator they can edit users profiles from frontend if enabled within CB > Configuration > Moderation. You can create a userlist so moderators can easily find users to edit. You can also use CB Core Fields Ajax to allow them to inline edit those profiles from profile view (and your userlist).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon.

• ernienet
  • ernienet
6 years 5 months ago #299756 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Front-End User Management?
Thanks. I think I've got the first part working.

Is it possible to add new users? This particular client is responsible to add users - her manager does not want to ask members to create their own accounts.

I can create a new list that has no filters and add it to the user menu (manager level) so that she can find any existing user to edit.

Since she also needs to create new accounts on occasion, does she have to use the Create New Account (like a user would) in order to do that?

Thanks,
Ernie

• ernienet
  • ernienet
6 years 5 months ago #299757 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Front-End User Management?
Sorry - I got ahead of myself.

I also need to allow moderators to be able to access and make edits to fields that are on a "Roles" Tab in CB. This tab is not accessible for users to edit themselves.

These fields are used to filter which list people show up on. In this case, there's a sponsors list and an officers list. The Roles Tab and the fields assigned to it allow the moderator to set these values.

Thanks,
Ernie

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #299775 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Front-End User Management?

Since she also needs to create new accounts on occasion, does she have to use the Create New Account (like a user would) in order to do that?

Yes, as there's no means of creating a user on frontend while logged in.

I also need to allow moderators to be able to access and make edits to fields that are on a "Roles" Tab in CB. This tab is not accessible for users to edit themselves.

You can use CB Privacy to set the edit access of a tab or field to moderator only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon