CB activity work flow

6 years 5 months ago #298929 by activha
CB activity work flow was created by activha
Hello

I just noticed that if some comments were made to an asset elsewhere than the activity main flow it would not display in it but only on the asset.

Is it intended behaviour ? how can I made the comments appear in the main flow ?

For instance see activ-ha.com/business/81-restaurants/3599-vecchia-senese comments do not appear in activ-ha.com/timeline

thanks for hint
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB activity work flow
Comments on a stream are always attached to the activity entry unless told otherwise. So for example the asset of comments on an activity entry would be "activity.123". You can see this within CB Activity > Comments by reviewing the comments raw information. You have to override this from PHP. There's examples of this within the activity_core template file, which you can override and add your custom parsing to if you like.

I'll probably allow a default asset for comments to be stored with an activity entry in the future, but at this time that's not possible. Added a feature ticket for this as is a pretty neat idea.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6855

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298944 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity work flow
I dont really understand all :-)
In fact we use a CB auto action for a new activity on hotspot creation with asset hotspot.[var2]
I thought that any comments made on this asset page would be shown on this activity on the main stream or on a separate one.
Did I miss something ?
Should I change the auto action somehow ? maybe the load setting should be by asset and owner to show all related ?
I would try to avoid php coding in order to keep things simple

6 years 5 months ago #298947 by krileon
The comments on an activity entry are tied to that activity entry. They are not tied to the source object of that activity entry. To change the asset for the comments of an activity entry you have to do so from PHP. The activity_core.php is doing exactly that for several core activity entries. There's no other way to do it at this time.

My feature ticket is to implement support for specifying the default asset for comments for an activity entry at time of storage (so when you generate your activity), which avoids needing to use PHP; but I've no idea when i'll get that implemented as i'm busy with CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298948 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB activity work flow
That would be great.
Can you make that it applies by default to all already existing activities ? So that a found asset would inherit all comments ?
That would allow use of all existing comments and correct affectation

6 years 5 months ago #298949 by krileon

Can you make that it applies by default to all already existing activities ?

No, that's not how it'd work. The default asset for comments would be saved to the activity entry it self. You will have to manually fix existing entries. If you want to override it for past and future activity entries you need to do so from PHP like core activity is doing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn