Error

Please login first

Group Jive - user approval

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #299213 by pastoweb
Group Jive - user approval was created by pastoweb
I created a group set as "approval" type, but when a users clicks on the "join" butto it is automatically added to the group without approval

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #299214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive - user approval
They are added to the group, but are pending approval. They can't add new content or anything of the sort until approved. If you mean they're being added to the group and are immediately active you maybe have the Moderator View Access Level configured incorrectly in CB > Configuration > Moderation resulting in users being treated as CB Moderators, which are not subject to approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #299222 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Group Jive - user approval
Ok thankyou...not sure what I changed but now approval seems ok

Any way to ask users to fill in a form or a text message upon joining a group, or move them to a specific joomla group?

6 years 6 months ago #299225 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive - user approval

Any way to ask users to fill in a form or a text message upon joining a group

Nope, there's not functionality for that. Best I can suggest is redirecting them to some custom HTML form on the gj_onAfterJoinGroup trigger using CB Auto Actions.

or move them to a specific joomla group?

That's doable using CB Auto Actions acting on gj_onAfterJoinGroup trigger, but they won't be approved yet at that point so you'll probably want to use gj_onAfterUpdateUser trigger and check that [var1_status] is greater than or equal to 1 to ensure they've been approved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.929 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn