Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Best way to change dates of plan

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299612 by lynnapp
We have a membership plan for the calendar year that went to 01-01
Now we want to change the calendar year to start on 04-01 and extend all existing memberships that have a 12/31 expiration date

So my question is what is the best way to do this I am thinking
leave the expiration date as is
give a grace period 4 months (so they have the new 3 months added to their plan and the normal month of grace
and set the plan to the new date

I assume I will also have to set the Bonus time before expire to 3 month so if they renew it will add them to the new sub

Is there anything else I need to do to the subs so they don't get blocked until the new dates

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #299614 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Best way to change dates of plan
Best way to do this is discontinue renewals and new registrations to your existing plan then create a new one. Your users would then just have to manually move to the new plan once they expire. If you're using recurring subscriptions what you're wanting to do is impossible since you can not modify the recurring terms of a recurring subscription at the payment gateway. If using single payments it shouldn't be an issue for them to just upgrade to the new plan instead of renewing existing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lynnapp
  • lynnapp
  • Add-ons
6 years 5 months ago #299626 by lynnapp
Replied by lynnapp on topic Best way to change dates of plan
Thank you that is what I will do. I am going to set the grace period on the old one so a person is still good until I want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon