On a paid Plan expiry, auto subscribe to a time limited "free" plan

6 years 4 months ago #300259 by RobGG
Hi,

We have a paid membership plan. When a member fails to renew this plan it expires. On expiry we wish to automatically downgrade the former paid member to a free plan that has limited benefits but also has an expiry date. When the expiry date attached to the free (but time limited) plan arrives we want to downgrade the user to a "lifetime" inactive registration.

What is the best process?

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300271 by krileon
Best way to do that is probably using CB Auto Actions and its CB Paid Subscriptions action as you'll be able to subscribe them to whatever plan you like using it. You'd then combine it with the below.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

This for example would allow you to subscribe them to X plan when Y plan expires.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300352 by RobGG
Hi,

I have used this approach with part success.

Is it possible to set the value of the new plan [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] from Auto Actions?

Can I prompt the PLAN messages from CBSubs or do I need to use the CBSubs Mailer?

If I can't set [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] from Auto Actions, I take it I can setup a new CB value with the new expiry date and use this new variable in both mailer and auto actions for the subsequent expiry?

Regards,

Robert

6 years 4 months ago #300371 by krileon

Is it possible to set the value of the new plan [SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE] from Auto Actions?

No, not unless you modify it using a Query action. It's best that your plan just have the appropriate duration you're wanting.

Can I prompt the PLAN messages from CBSubs or do I need to use the CBSubs Mailer?

It should execute integrations and send notifications as if they subscribed to it themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn