Treatment of cbsubs 'import' users.

6 years 4 months ago #300653 by RobGG
Hi,

We are a NFP association with several thousand members over a number of membership categories (both paid and “no charge”). This is a new website using CB and CBSubs.

We loaded our existing members (paid and unpaid) into CB using CBJuice2, in CBSubs we setup Plans and then imported the member status using CBSubs Import. All appeared to be well, the imported members are present in CBSubs Subscriptions and have both expiry dates and PlanIDs set. We have also setup expiry and overdue notices in CBSubs Mailer and these work well.

We are now finding that, for members loaded via the CBSubs Import facility, processing is substantially limited and different from that provided for new (and test) members. For our “Import” members neither the CBSubs change of state messages (Plan > Presentation: Manual Renewal, Pending Renewal, Automatic Renewal, Expiration, and Cancellation); nor CBSubs > Plans > Integrations > CB Fields actions; nor Auto Actions triggered using the “OnCPayUserStateChange” trigger. Also, when a long term member (who has been loaded via CBSubs Import) renews, the Plan message delivered is that designed for a brand new registration rather than a renewal.

Have we missed something? How do we load (or reset) our existing members (loaded via "Import") and have them treated exactly as if they originally subscribed via CBSubs?

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Treatment of cbsubs 'import' users.
Reviewed the entire import chain and looks like it behaves no different than giving them a subscription from backend or CB Auto Actions using direct API to create the subscription. The import appears to fire triggers and integrations as well when status is A (active) or X (expired). Believe they're treated as new subscriptions and not upgrades. Is all your behavior configured for upgrades?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300671 by RobGG
Replied by RobGG on topic Treatment of cbsubs 'import' users.
All plans involved are configured for upgrades (e.g. Plan > Pricing “Total number of occurrences” set to zero, etc.). During testing, short duration test plans worked perfectly based on CBSubs initial signup and then renewals, cancellations, auto actions etc .

CB Tools shows no problems with databases etc.

Can you provide some problem solving guidance? Are there any subscription reports or log files that help? What CBSubs MySQL tables are involved? What fields should we focus on for differences between “Import” members and members added via CBSubs?

6 years 4 months ago #300676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Treatment of cbsubs 'import' users.
It gives them a subscription the same as giving them one from backend in CB > User Management while editing them. It should've logged the imports within CBSubs > History Log, but beyond that I've no idea why it's not working for some of your plans unless it's an issue specifically with those plans and their configuration. Try creating a new plan with a longer duration while leaving everything else at defaults and see if importing to it works fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn