Cb plugin text fields not display text along the fullwidth of the text field

6 years 4 months ago #300691 by Bmthompson08
Hi,

I am using Cb activity and cb profile wall as pictured in the screenshot and each of the spaces where a user would comment text is limited and returns to a new line of text before filling the first line completely. this leaves a large margin that is undesirable.

I have switched the templates and there was no change to this problem. Can you advise a solution to get rid of this weird space and use the full area for the comment?

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300700 by krileon
There's likely some CSS on textarea inputs that'd be doing that. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and default CB profile template then purge Joomla cache and retest to see if the issue goes away. You can also try right clicking the input and clicking inspect element (or just inspect, depends on the browser) to open your browsers developer console at that element. From there you should see the HTML structure on the left with the textrea selected and the CSS for it on the right where you can review what CSS is setting a width on it. If still not able to find the issue you'll need to PM frontend login credentials and provide a URL to the issue where I can review the CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300725 by Bmthompson08
Ive tried a few times but i think this is over my head. i can see the css and change it in my inspected element browser but i cant save it over the template for the site. I have a sand box copy up and running and im PMing details now.

Thank you!

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300745 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and for some reason some JS on your site is removing form-control CSS class from elements. With that CSS class removed it loses most of its styling. Looks like it's coming from custom JS loaded by 3rd party CB template plugin jf_sirena_cb_20. Changing back to default CB template did not appear to solve the issue so that JS file is likely being loaded by some other means than by normal template loading and likely acting on a trigger to do so. Suggest contacting the developer of your template as they need to remove that JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300749 by Bmthompson08
Thanks for having a look.

Is there any code for the class that gets removed that i could just add to the custom css of the template to make sure it gets added back in?

6 years 4 months ago #300752 by krileon
Nope, you need to contact the developer of your Joomla and CB template. They need to remove that code. Specifically it's in the below JS file.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/jf_sirena_cb_20/jf/assets/js/jf.min.js

For some reason your site is also loading what looks like same JS file from your other install CB template even though it's not being used. It can be found below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/jf_connecto_cb_20/jf/assets/js/jf.min.js

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn