Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Help with setting up automatic activity notifications

6 years 4 months ago #300955 by Bmthompson08
Hi

I am excited to use the latest features in Auto Actions that allows for notifications to be populated on user profiles based on triggers like new comments, replies, connections... but I am not having success with the configuration.

I have tried combinations of the following but I am hoping an example would be shown or someone can spell out where I am going wrong and how to correctly implement these usages.

I have upgraded to the latest versions as of this post.

Global
Triggers: activity_onActivity/ activity_onCreateStreamActivity / activity_onActivitySource
Type: CB Activity
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Mode: Notification
Method: Create
Asset: profile.[var1] / notification.[var1]
Owner: [var1]
User: [var2]
Load: By Asset, Owner, and User

Thanks for the help! The team at joomlapolis has not steered me wrong yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #300962 by krileon
activity_onActivitySource is used to find an activities source from the asset. activity_onActivity is used when the activity stream is generated. So both of those need to be removed. activity_onCreateStreamActivity is used to add behavior when activity is directly posted on a stream and is the appropriate trigger.

What kind of notification are you trying to create? A notification when a user posts on your stream? A notification to your connections when you post on your stream? Both of those will be System Actions once I'm done with CB Activity 4.2.0 and update CB Auto Actions usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300964 by Bmthompson08
Thanks for sharing that news with me! I will wait patiently for those updates as it will be nice to just turn on a few new system actions.

In the meantime, I will be looking at the forums and docs to gather ideas and usages.
Many thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon