Update! ( the hunt is on again for the CHANGELOG...)

6 years 4 months ago #301103 by mikerotec
Guys! I'm very happy with the quality of software, but there is this tiny annoyance every time there is an update...

I am referring to the "Learn more button"...

the link www.joomlapolis.com/?pk_campaign=in-cb&pk_kwd=admin-module-update-button takes me to a general information page for CB. Since I ALREADY HAVE CB INSTALLED - it is after all an "update" notice - this information is somewhat irrelevant!

What I really want to see is the CHANGELOG.
Is it a maintenance release? Is it a security release? What does it do? How much do I need to prioritize it for our live server? ( maintenance windows, etc...)

In the future, can you make that "Learn More" point us in the general direction of the Changelog, please??
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #301104 by krileon

What I really want to see is the CHANGELOG.

Bookmark the below page. Anything marked solved, but not closed is in the latest build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues

We've added filters to the right to make it easier as well. Example as follows for resolved tickets in current build (for 2.1.4 release).

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=108

The updates are all an automated process. We've no means of attaching a change log to each update notice in your backend.

Is it a maintenance release? Is it a security release? What does it do? How much do I need to prioritize it for our live server? ( maintenance windows, etc...)

It's a Build release. Formally known as Nightly releases. Builds are given the same review and testing processes as a stable release. Stable releases versioning follows semver format.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #301107 by mikerotec
OK, Thanks! And I managed to find it just a few seconds before you posted this. :)

I appreciate that it is useful to make these gradual build releases, but why don't you make that Learn More button a link to the relevant info then? "No means" indicates its some kind of rocket science to script it?

(And in today's "2.1.3+build" case, should I not be looking at forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=91 ?? or is "2.1.13+" really build 2.14 ?? )

6 years 4 months ago #301108 by krileon

I appreciate that it is useful to make these gradual build releases, but why don't you make that Learn More button a link to the relevant info then? "No means" indicates its some kind of rocket science to script it?

Because the entire release process is automated. There is no where to manually attach an arbitrary URL to it. CB Package Builder (our downloads page, which also provides our versions XML file) is also entirely automated once the initial package is created. Eventually we'll probably have automatic generation of a news article with the change log embedded in it and then just link to a page with only those articles in it, but for now you'll have to bookmark our forge URL or access it from the Support dropdown on our menu above.

(And in today's "2.1.3+build" case, should I not be looking at forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?query_id=91 ?? or is "2.1.13+" really build 2.14 ?? )

No, because next release is 2.1.4. All Build releases are to work towards a stable release (in this case 2.1.4).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

6 years 4 months ago #301109 by mikerotec
Got it! thanks for clarifying that for me

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn