[SOLVED] Simple cross module integration question

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301331 by andrewn51
I'd like to know whether it is possible to automatically make input in the Activity add-on convert to individual blog entries

I'm planning the setup of my site...I will have subscribers who can post various creative entries, ranging from poems, prose, to photos, paintingings, video, etc. INitially I have contemplated doing this via the blog - with separated categories. The benefit here is to have a blog page showing latest posts of any type in a continuous list.

However, it looks like the activity module would also allow for that and has the virtue of easy posting and social interactions etc. But formatting is more limiting...and we do not want this to look like facebook!

Thus, could a simple post of a photo with some description, or a video, or a a text entry be transferred over automatically to the blog...i.e. the activity entry be made into a Joomla article in the same way that a blog entry is?

Input would be welcomed so that I can decide how to organize the site.
Many thanks,
Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301332 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple cross module integration question
An activity stream isn't really fit for what you're trying to do. Yes, it's possible to move the data over to Joomla articles using CB Auto Actions, but I don't advise doing that. I suggest just using CB Blogs then setting the Modal to Joomla or K2 so it stores the blogs in either Joomla articles or if you've K2 installed then K2 articles. This will allow you to use Joomla content component views or K2 views for navigating the entries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301333 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic Simple cross module integration question
Great advice! Thankyou,
Andrew

6 years 3 months ago #301334 by andrewn51
I installed K2, but it isn't showing up as an editor in the Configuration, just basic joomla, tinymce, (i uninstalled JCE)...what else do I need to do?
Thanks,
A

6 years 3 months ago #301335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple cross module integration question
K2 isn't an editor. It's a replacement content management system for Joomlas articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301336 by andrewn51
Sorry...I'm really rusty. I spent 5 years creating commercial sites and used CB and K2...then I retired (I'm 67!). Now I have been pulled back into this help my daughter. It's all slowly coming back to me!!
I'll try to limit my posts to difficult things in the future!!

I have switched the blog settings to utilize K2 gor CM. Now I'll select an appropriate editor.
Thanks for your help!
Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn