network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301629 by activha
Hi Kyle,

Well I did what should never be done, upgrade from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 with no recent backup :-(

And now we are stuck with guest pages and cannot log in the front end. Each try to log in with CB login module gets to https://localhost with a network protocol violation error.

I guess that it's a problem that will be solved with 3.8.5 but in the meantime and to avoid getting back to an old backup, would you have a workaround or an indication of what is going wrong ?

I know it may be unrelated to CB login but your help would be most welcome :-)

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
There's a known bug in the language filter plugin URL rewriting and session creation on login (believe this only affects PHP 7.2) in Joomla 3.8.4. There maybe other issues that am not aware of. We've no workarounds for any of this beyond wait for Joomla to fix it. You can probably find and patch the fixes in manually if a pull request has been made.

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues

I however am not aware of a "network protocol violation error" issue regarding login. Please provide the full error you're seeing. Sounds like this is localhost based off the URL you provided. Do you have HTTPS setup correctly for localhost? Have you tried disabling HTTPS usage in Joomla and your login module?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301635 by activha
Replied by activha on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
It seems that on 3.8.5 when force SSL to admin and front end is checked in the global config it redirects to https://localhost and the browser then shows a network protocol violation error

When it is set to force SSL to admin only, it looks like the login uses a non ssl page then redirects to the proper https page which is CB activity in this case

That's very strange and I don't really noticed any bugs in the logs.

Changing the global config setting did solve the problem or logging in for now but we need to investigate

do you have any ideas on this ?

6 years 3 months ago #301636 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
Dear all,
I do have same issue and identified the CB Lobin Module as root cause. Using the Joomla Login solves the issue, but naturally I dont want to use this Module.
Only Workaround: removing the SSL encryption to the pages.
Dear CB Team, please have a look into this. I can provide access to my mirror page in case you like to trouble shoot.

Andy

6 years 3 months ago #301637 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
If you're using force SSL then be sure CBs login module is also set to use secure login. This is done by editing your login module then under "Login & Logout Options" set "Encrypt Login Form" to "Yes". Ensure your login redirect is also a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php or you may end up with odd redirect issues after login (don't use relative SEF URLs).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301639 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
Thanks for your fast feedback.

I enabled "Encrypt Login For" but still have same issue. I am not using any redirect and just keep it on same page.

Disabling ssl enables access to the site. Using the Joomly login Module also.

Would you like to see yourselfe on my mirror page?

Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn