network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4

6 years 3 months ago #301645 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
Did you make sure your SSL certificate is valid? I'm not sure what to suggest as works fine in my localhost tests. If you've a test site available where this issue is present please PM backend super administrator login credentials and can try taking a look or adding test code to see if I can track down the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301648 by activha
Replied by activha on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
Yes SSL is ok, all was working fine until this morning.
Then we upgraded to joomla 3.8.4 and all of a sudden impossible to log in. CB login redirects to https://localhost and the browser gives a network error.

Only workaround is to unset force SSL for frontend in the global config.

I don't have a test site online for now, but have sent credentials for the main website by PM . As it's the evening and friday night here, please feel free to have a look around.

Thanks
Jean

6 years 3 months ago #301651 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
SSL is fine on my pages as well. All was fine until Joomla upggrade. Kyle let me know if you need SuperAdmin access to my mirror page and where to send login to.

Yours,
Andy

6 years 3 months ago #301652 by krileon
I will need to apply debug code and toggle parameters so I do not suggest doing this with a live site. If either of you has a clone of your site where this issue is present that I can test this on then please PM backend super administrator and will take a look. Sorry, just don't want to risk any issues with a live site as I've zero leads at this time as to what could be causing this. I am unable to reproduce locally so I've no idea the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301654 by krileon
There's a PR as follows to revert the changes made to redirect behavior in Joomla 3.8.4. Don't think there's anything anyone can do about it beyond wait for 3.8.4, apply the PR manually, or see if you can downgrade to 3.8.3.

issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/19512

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 3 months ago #301655 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic network protocol violation on Joomla 3.8.4
You might want to use my mirror site mirror.flieger-club.eu

Let me know where to send credentials to.

Yours,

Andy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn