Include/Exclude certain users Paid Subscriptions mailer

6 years 2 months ago #302319 by webtechplus
Hello

We want to exclude banned users that get the emails that are generated by the Paid Subscriptions mailer, and also want to set a mailer up where it only gets sent to users who haven't completed their registration to the website.

I can't find the fields in the CB user fields so I was wondering how we can do both of the above?

Thanks

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302332 by krileon
Banned users only bans their profile. They can still use the rest of the site so I suppose it makes sense that they still get the emails. Blocked users should not be getting any emails. At any rate you can condition the mailer to ignore banned users under the Conditions tab using the below for example.

Date A, Field A or Value A: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value A: [banned]
Date B, Field B or Value B: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value B: 1
Condition 1 (> for Dates): A <> B (Value A is different from Value B )

and also want to set a mailer up where it only gets sent to users who haven't completed their registration to the website.

You should be able to just use a normal field condition by setting "Date A, Field A or Value A:" to "Following CB field".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #302365 by webtechplus
Krileon,
Thanks for getting back to us, what we think might be a good way around the issue is to do the following;
Create an Auto-Action that moves the users from the members ACL to a Banned Members ACL, we have tried the settings below and are not getting an luck.

Global Tab
Triggers = onAfterUserBan
Description = Move user to the ACL 'Banned Members' user group on selection
Published = Yes
Type = usergroup
User = automatic
Access = Everybody
Order = First

Conditions Tab
Value =
Operator =
Value =
Translate =
Format =
Prepare =

Action
Mode = replace usergroups
Groups = Banned Members
User = Blank

Output
Display = none

Parameters
Reload User = Yes
Exclude Users = BLANK
Translate = Yes
Substitutions = Yes
Format Funtions = No
Content Plugins = No
References = -Select Reference-
Loop = -Select Reference-
Debug = No

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 2 months ago #302382 by krileon
The above trigger only fires if you ban them from frontend using the appropriate moderator menu item on their profile or if you toggle them banned using the icon in CB > User Management. If you're editing them and changing the banned fields value then it will not fire that trigger. That trigger is also fired if they're unbanned.

Are you wanting to disable their access to the site? If so I recommend using CB AntiSpam and it's Disable Account menu item, which blocks them in Joomla directly and they will not be able to even log back in. They also won't receive any mailers anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302439 by webtechplus
Kyle,
Thanks for getting back to us on this one.
We are currently we have two main issues on the site we are working on which is throwing issues;

We have users who are running scripts on the site to enter into competitions, we have been able to detect and block these accounts, once they are blocked currently we do the following...
1) Block the user account from the front end using the moderate-users feature
2) (auto change the ACL group) move the user into the 'Banned Members' ACL
3) (Auto block) Block them in CB AntiSpam by user,

The other issue we are facing is auto checking the 'Email Notifications - Newsletters, Promotions and Account Notices' on signup, the issue we have is that we have made this a required field but if a user uses social media to sign in this is avoid, we we want to create another auto action that will check this box on sign up and then its up to the member to un-check this option.

Kyle, I have tried to modify that command and i still cannot get it to trigger from the front end.

Global Tab
Triggers = onAfterUserBan + onAfterUserBlocking
Description = Move user to the ACL 'Banned Members' user group on selection
Published = Yes
Type = usergroup
User = automatic
Access = Moderator, Administrator, Super Admin
Order = First

Conditions Tab
Value =
Operator =
Value =
Translate =
Format =
Prepare =

Action
Mode = replace usergroups
Groups = Banned Members
User = Blank

Output
Display = none

Parameters
Reload User = Yes
Exclude Users = BLANK
Translate = Yes
Substitutions = Yes
Format Funtions = No
Content Plugins = No
References = -Select Reference-
Loop = -Select Reference-
Debug = No

6 years 2 months ago #302460 by krileon

We have users who are running scripts on the site to enter into competitions, we have been able to detect and block these accounts, once they are blocked currently we do the following...
1) Block the user account from the front end using the moderate-users feature
2) (auto change the ACL group) move the user into the 'Banned Members' ACL
3) (Auto block) Block them in CB AntiSpam by user,

Just use the Block Account feature in CB AntiSpam. There's no need to do anything further than that. It will block their account in Joomla, which basically every extension respects and they can't login anymore.

The other issue we are facing is auto checking the 'Email Notifications - Newsletters, Promotions and Account Notices' on signup, the issue we have is that we have made this a required field but if a user uses social media to sign in this is avoid, we we want to create another auto action that will check this box on sign up and then its up to the member to un-check this option.

You can use the pre-filled mode in CB Connect if you need them to actually fill out registration otherwise yes it will bypass registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn