[SOLVED] question marks in CB Subs

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302636 by richbrundage
[SOLVED] question marks in CB Subs was created by richbrundage
When first viewing the checkout basket the plan name is display correctly

2018年世界合同会議 –事前登録(4日間)

but once a payment method is chosen the Japanese characters are replaced by question marks

2018??????? –?????4???

Richard Brundage

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302638 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic question marks in CB Subs
I think this has to do with collations. The item_name column in the xxxx_cbsubs_payment_baskets table was in latin1-swedish_ci collation, I was able to convert it to utf_bin collation using

ALTER TABLE `xxxx_cbsubs_payment_baskets` MODIFY `item_name` VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL;

which preserved the existing data. But when I tried to purchase an item I had the same result in the front end of the website as before - initially the item name displayed correctly but when the payment method was chosen the question marks appeared instead of Japanese characters. But now when I look in the xxxx_cbsubs_payment_baskets table the item name is stored correctly! So the issue is also how the data is extracted from the database for display.

Some help on where this happens and how to fix will be appreciated.

Richard Brundage

6 years 2 months ago #302639 by richbrundage
the item name is also displayed correctly in the administrator view of payment baskets in CB Subs.

Richard Brundage

6 years 2 months ago #302641 by richbrundage
there are more database tables that had to be updated:
xxxx_cbsubs_payment_items - description column
xxxx_cbsubs_payments - item_name column

that did it.

Richard Brundage
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

6 years 2 months ago #302666 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic question marks in CB Subs
You may want to check that all your tables and columns are properly set to recommended utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn