[SOLVED] PMS - Add 'Message Me' Button To User Profile

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309543 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS - Add 'Message Me' Button To User Profile

Is it possible to hide it when users look at their own profiles?

You should be able to just surround it in an IF substitution to exclude it from self. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id!="myid"]BUTTON_HERE[/cb:if]

See the below tutorial for further usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

I click the button with the custom link and it takes me to a blank page (Header/footer only).

Which button? The one with the below link?

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=pms.mypmspro&action=message&func=new&to=[user_id]

There's no reason for it to error with "Message does not exist!" which such an error doesn't exist as it's "Message does not exist." (period ending not exclamation). This error is only thrown when trying to read or edit an existing message. There is also "Message not specified!" which is thrown when trying to save a PM with no message supplied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309552 by bins
The IF statement seems to do the trick, thanks!

Re the error, I attach a picture. If I click the message option for my fellow admin, the send page appears. If for other type of member (as per image), I get that message, so think it might be a permissions issue, but it is set so all members can use PMS!

If I use the 'Message Me' button I created, this also works correctly!
Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #309559 by krileon
Looks like it's an issue with the custom PMS routing when SEF is enabled. Was able to confirm and have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7399

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309582 by bins
Yeh!

Another bug spotted!

5 years 3 months ago #309592 by krileon
Fixed and released as part of latest build. It was due to username not being SEF safe so it'd use only the user id, which it would think is a message id so it'd end up trying to read a message instead of create one.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 3 months ago #309609 by bins
Excellent - what speed!

Already updated my site!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn