Members list issue

2 years 3 months ago #327877 by bizguy
Members list issue was created by bizguy
I have created a members list without filters, all groups selected, and all status enabled.

The member database includes 2921 users, but when I view the list, I only see 762 total members. Access to the list is an admin-level group.

I switched the frontend list to be only visible by Super Admins, and when I did I got the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327879 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Members list issue
So looking through the database I see that users showing up in the list have a joomla_users Block status 0 and looking through the Joomla admin users list, they are Not Enabled.

Switching to the CB User Management screen, the CB Enabled setting is the same as the Joomla Enabled setting, and changing either, is mirrored in the other.

I understand that without an active membership, users cannot log into the site, but I have:

Show Blocked - Yes
Show Banned - Yes
Show Unapproved - Yes
Show Unconfirmed - Yes

but they still do not show up on the list!

Please advise.

Ed

2 years 3 months ago #327882 by bizguy
So I did a few tests, but want to ensure I'm not going to screw anything else up.

Question 1: If I set all members through CB User Management to Enabled, this should have them show up in lists, but they will still need a membership to access the website.

Question 2: I think that when I imported the members, I Disabled all expired members, which may be the source of the issue. Would anything change them to Disabled later?

Thanks,

Ed

2 years 3 months ago #327884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Members list issue

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

Is there any further information with the error? Like the query itself that failed? I'm not seeing any issues in my tests with admin only lists. Seams like something was added to the query resulting in and invalid query. That's typically due to a bad filter or sorting rule.

but they still do not show up on the list!

That's a crazy old bug I completely forgot about.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6467

They'll only display if you're viewing the userlist as a CB Moderator. Ensure you're viewing the userlist while logged in with moderator permissions. There wasn't a high priority to fix this since displaying blocked users to other regular users was largely pointless.

What are you trying to do with this userlist exactly?

Question 1: If I set all members through CB User Management to Enabled, this should have them show up in lists, but they will still need a membership to access the website.

If you've CBSubs configured that way sure that's how it'll work. I'm not sure what the question is here though.

Question 2: I think that when I imported the members, I Disabled all expired members, which may be the source of the issue. Would anything change them to Disabled later?

Having disabled users is perfectly fine and I doubt users being disabled is the cause of your problem. Your problem seams to be the query is breaking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #327919 by bizguy
Thanks Kyle.

I made a workaround for the old bug, and have not had any further issues with the SQL query.

Cheers,

Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds