new user creation from back end

2 years 3 months ago #328017 by activha
Replied by activha on topic new user creation from back end
Well they only have their own protected function createUser($password) which by inspecting further uses the Joomla! functionality in making the user $user = new JUser() in their file
\administrator\components\com_rsticketspro\helpers\ticket.php

Is CB autoactions able to modify this file or to use this function to trigger all the actions concerning a new user ? I mean adding the default subscription plan, trigger our own autoactions for email etc etc

Can I use a code autoaction for this with onUserAfterSave and successful return of their function ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #328023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic new user creation from back end

Well they only have their own protected function createUser($password) which by inspecting further uses the Joomla! functionality in making the user $user = new JUser() in their file

It's fine if they use Joomla API to create users as I'd expect that, but in order for you to replace that behavior there needs to be a Joomla event in that function before they do that.

Is CB autoactions able to modify this file or to use this function to trigger all the actions concerning a new user ? I mean adding the default subscription plan, trigger our own autoactions for email etc etc

No, CB Auto Actions acts on events. It can't modify files like that.

Can I use a code autoaction for this with onUserAfterSave and successful return of their function ?

No, you will create an infinite loop of creating users. CB uses normal Joomla user API to create the user in Joomla before creating them in CB.

Suggest asking them if they'll implement a Joomla event in that function that'll let you override the user creation process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn