Auto Action to disable HTML form options

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #328129 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Auto Action to disable HTML form options

The HTML I provided isn't meant to save. You said this was a selector for on the userlist. It doesn't handle saving or displaying of saved selections at all. What you're trying to do seams entirely too confusing and I'm a developer. I can't imagine a regular user understanding all of this. What exactly is this supposed to be doing and why does it need to render in a userlist? Are you trying to create a workaround for CB Conditional not allowing the conditioning of select options?

I didn't explain well, my fault so

There are 2 html forms (1 select list and one radio )
The select list (emailoptions) doesn't need to save anything, it is fine as it is.
The radio (emailoptions_type) must save the user preference, as it is about a user choice on whether user

A. Doesn't want to receive email (value"noemail")
B. User wants to respond within days (value= (corresponding days values))
C. User wants to respond within hours (value= (corresponding hours values))

As in the jsfiddle the radio doesn't save anything, I created a CB radio field and I am trying to implement jsfiddle example.
What I was trying to my previous post to explain was that the CB radio field doesn't keep user's choice and I am trying to understand if it is a bug or I do something wrong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #328130 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action to disable HTML form options
Create a radio field in CB > Field Management with your 3 options. Next create a select field for selecting days. Now create a select field for selecting hours. Next using CB Conditional condition the days select field to show if days are selected in your radio field. Do the same for the hours select field. This will give you storable conditioned fields based off radio selection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

2 years 3 months ago #328132 by galanopd
I will go the way you have explained, thank you. I just still can't understand why the radio doesn't keep the user's preference.

I have created a radio with 3 options and when I edit user's profile and set an option, the option is de-selected after saving... Is this normal?

2 years 3 months ago #328133 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action to disable HTML form options

I have created a radio with 3 options and when I edit user's profile and set an option, the option is de-selected after saving... Is this normal?

No, that's not normal. The field should be saving fine. Do any other fields do this? Have you tried creating a new radio field to see if that one saves?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #328135 by galanopd
Deleting and recreating the field solved the problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #328140 by galanopd

Next create a select field for selecting days. Now create a select field for selecting hours.

Ok, I remembered now, this is how it all started!

The reason I went on to create a HTML custom select list was because when using CB drop down single select and calling the field in the userlist, it doesn't allow the visitor (not registered user) to select!

That was the problem that made me go all the way customizing everything... So if there is no way to make the CBDropDownSelectList available to the visitor in UserList I have to go custom... correct?

If yes, my only way out is to connect CBradio to Custom HTMLSelectList

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.505 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn