[SOLVED] Group Types

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328733 by AlexRag
[SOLVED] Group Types was created by AlexRag
I was reading over the Group Jive Primer PDF and had a couple of questions about the types.

There doesn't appear to be any info about two of the types "PRIVATE" & "PAGE".

1. From what I tell "Private" is not visible to members on the Groups page. I gather the only way to add or invite users is by the group owner only?
2. What is the difference between a Regular Group and a Page?
3. Regarding the "Invite" type. In my testing, I can see that someone who is not a member can see activity feeds and wall posts. Is that because they may be connections with the existing members of that group. Otherwise, the person who is not a group member would not see anything?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Types
Mouse over the Type parameter. It should tell you exactly what each type does. Below is the tooltip that this will show.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328745 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Group Types
Oh wow, I don't see that UI in the backend. Is that visible on the front-end or is that the J4 layout?

2 years 1 month ago #328750 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Types
That description is only in frontend. Backend is planned to get a better UI in a future release. Ideally you'd click to add a new group, see a button menu to select the type, then it'll show the other parameters so it'd be a "type first" new group screen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

2 years 1 month ago #328755 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Group Types
Thanks, Kyle. I've got your screenshot in the post, so that helps for now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn